（4）Lessons and experiences from the Great East Japan Earthquake ‒ What should we learn and share from disasters?
Miyagi Prefectural Government
- Shosuke Sato
- International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
- Kishie Shigekawa
- Graduate School of Environment and Disaster Research, Tokoha University
- Chihiro Fujima
- Ishinomaki Future Support Association (a public interest incorporated association)
- Norio Maki
- Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
- Tricia Wachtendorf
- Disaster Research Center, University of Delaware
- Akiyo Itou
- Earthquake Disaster Restoration and Policy Planning Department, Miyagi Prefectural Government
Experts, government officers, NPOs and other parties will discuss and exchange opinions on how the experiences and lessons learned from the disaster-affected regions were shared and carried on after the Hanshin Awaji Earthquake, Niigata Chuetsu Earthquake and Great East Japan Earthquake and how those previous experiences were applied when the next natural disaster occurred, as well as how to share and pass down lessons to prevent similar lives lost and challenges in future disasters.