The Media Coverage Guidelines
We have set the following guidelines for the Press to cover the World Bosai Forum/IDRC 2019 in Sendai. In order to facilitate media coverage at the Forum, the Press are asked to read the guidelines carefully before applying through an application form.
【Note】The guidelines are intended for media coverage of the World Bosai Forum/IDRC 2019 in Sendai. As for please directly contact their respective offices. (Please see ‘Contacts’ at the end of the guidelines.)
Application for media coverage
- Press who wish to cover the World Bosai Forum are asked to fill out the requested details in the application form (button below) and submit it to the WBF/IDRC2019 Secretariat (email@example.com) via e-mail by November 5, 5:00 p.m. (JST),2019.
- Please note that we do not accept applications by phone or at the Forum venue.
- When the application is accepted, we will inform you of the permission for your coverage by e-mail. Please print this out and present it when you register at the venue.
- We will inform you if there needs to be an adjustment in the number of people in your media crew or if we decline your application.
1. Press badge(s)
When you register at the venue, please show (1) your photo ID, (2) two of your business cards (in case you do not have, please write your name on the press badge you receive), and (3) a printed-out copy of the e-mail notifying you of the permission for your coverage. We will provide you with the Press badge(s). If you do not show your photo ID, your coverage will not be permitted. We also do not allow coverage by alternative staff. During your coverage, Press are asked to wear the provided Press badges and their own arm badges from their companies at all times.
2. The Press Registration
Press registration for November 9 to 12 will be held at the Press Registration Desk on the foyer the 2nd floor of the Conference Building, Sendai International Center.
Please be sure to receive the Press badge(s) before you enter the venue. On the last day of your coverage, please return your badge(s) to the Forum Registration Desk.
3. Press room (November 10 to 12)
4. Interviews, photographing and recording
- If you wish to do interviews, photograph or record meeting sessions, please obtain permission from each session organizer in advance. As for flash talk presentations and exhibitions, please acquire permission from each presenter before your coverage.
- The Press are asked not to disturb meeting sessions and flash talk presentations.
- Video cameras should be carried in and set up between sessions.
5. Parking lots for the Press
Free parking lots will not be provided for the Press. You can use the parking lot located in the basement of Sendai International Center if you pay the cost. It is recommended that you use public transportation.
6. Usage of photographs and videos
If photographs and videos taken during the World Bosai Forum are used in any media other than those you initially declared in the application form, we may decline your future media coverage.
Press interviews and briefings
- If you do not follow our staff’s instructions, we may ask you to leave.
- Press coverage is not allowed in areas outside of forum venue
For about general inquiries of the World Bosai Forum/IDRC 2019 in Sendai and Media Coverage (November 10 - 12)
WBF/IDRC 2019 Secretariat
c/o Convention Linkage, Inc.
#20, SS30 Bldg., 4-6-1, Cyuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-6020, Japan
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries about the contents of the Session (November 10 - 12)
World Bosai Forum Secretariat
International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
468-1, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-0845, Japan
Tel : +81-22-263-1688
E-mail : email@example.com
For inquiries about the Pre-WBF Festival (November 9)
Tohoku University, International Research Institute of Disaster Science
For inquiries about the media coverage of “Sendai Bosai Future Forum”/“The 10th Earthquake Technology Expo Tohoku”
Sendai Bosai Future forum Secretariat
The 10th Earthquake Technology Expo Tohoku Secretariat
#8, Nishikan, Shin-aoyama Bldg., 1-1-1, minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0062, Japan
Tel : +81-3-5775-2855 FAX : +81-3-5775-2856